Top New Features Create high-performance Analysis Services solutions with optimized cube designers, subspace computation, and MOLAP-enabled writeback capabilities Implement enterprise-scale Reporting Services solutions through new on-demand processing and instance-based rendering Build flexible and effective reports with the new Tablix data structure and rich formatting capabilities Expand reach, and empower more users through optimized integration with the 2007 Microsoft Office system.
Boost data warehouse performance
- Integrate large volumes of data into your data warehouse faster by using SQL Server 2008 Integration Services, and consolidate real-time data by capturing data changes
- Increase the manageability and performance of large tables with partitioning, which enables you to manage growing volumes of data and users of your SQL Server 2008 data warehouse more efficiently
Consolidate all data for optimized reporting and analysis
- Work with all of your data and interact the way you want through support for both relational and non-relational data, including new data types such as FILESTREAM & Spatial
- Incorporate data from multiple sources directly into a single report
- Use the data source view to integrate data from across the enterprise and create a Unified Dimension Model that consolidates data from heterogeneous, enterprise-wide data stores, such as SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, SAP and Teradata, to create a holistic view of your business, helping end users gain enterprise-wide insight