As we discussed the levels in Power BI, the first level is creating dataset.
To start prepare the dataset, first sign in to the power BI here,
This article will talk about, how to create a dataset from local file.
Steps to import the local file,
- Sign in to the Power BI
- Check for Get Data and click as like below.
- Click on “Get” under Files
- It will display the options to import the files from different places.
- Click on “Local File”
- Select the file from your local folder and press open. Make sure that file should have both dimension and measure values. Power BI only supports Excel and CSV files and Power BI Desktop files.
- Check for uploaded files under Datasets.
- Dataset is ready to create reports and dashboards.